A special message for our descendants



A message for future generations

Try this link first: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a-087eKpvxZBlHritp-ZPsDPlRJfFVcduojU29i2XR4/edit?usp=sharing - if it does not work go ahead and the message which I have copied below. This message is only meant for our descendants and should not be read by other people. Thank you!


   I have been considering what message I would give to my children and my children's children and so on, if I should be able to convey anything to them. What would I like to see in you? 

   Every parent wishes for the next generation to be better or perhaps more righteous than they. I have been striving to become as best I can so as to not be a hypocrite but this is my hope even so. 
   My patriarchal blessing has pronounced more blessings upon you than I could have imagined. It has said much concerning you. I hope by the time you read this I have been sufficiently righteous for it all to come true. It promises that my descendants(you) may live to see the Saviors second coming. It speaks that you may know my words, and experiences. It gives me hope that this letter may find you living righteously.
   My greatest desire for you is that you have a testimony of and love for Christ. I want to pass on my love for serving others and creating wonderful things. I know you can do it. I want you to understand and be able to recognize the promptings of the holy ghost. This may seem overbearing but I know with time and effort you can live up to this. God is real. Do not pay heed to the voices of the world and it's temptations. Do not let yourself fall victim to the innumerable addictions and pains that seek to thwart the work of God among you. Take the time to come up with plans and ideas to avoid evil and do good. I have tried to provide much of this for you. Do not waste your time on that which is of no worth. Games and videos can be uplifting and useful when done as a family but tear away at portions of your life when not controlled. Learn to do good in your youth and you will praise yourself in the future. I hope to raise you well enough that you know and feel these things in your mind and hearts. You can gain a sustainable real testimony if you seek to recognize God's hand in your life and record it for yourself and future generations. 
   Use your agency carefully. Beware of false teachers, evil images, and meaningless activity all of which can be found on the internet. Use your resources to help your family, your community and the world.
   The gospel is the one source of lasting joy and peace. NO video game, sport, movie, vacation can have joy that will last you forever as the gospel can. I encourage you to do those things that bring you joy but especially that bring you everlasting joy. You know those things you should do. It's the simple primary things. The gospel is simple but it takes time for you to fully get a feel for it in your life. I am still learning what the Gospel means to me now(4/12/2020). Thank you for reading this and I wish the best for all of you. Your ancestor and guardian,

Cody H Lillywhite 

P.S.
Here are some resources that I hope you may find of some use:

Patriarchal blessing:
My story: 
Craft ideas:(deviantart) https://www.deviantart.com/codylillyw64
Recreation:(github) Codyl (Cody Lillywhite)
My Gospel essays: My Gospel Essays 
Add links to uplifting sites to help you:(symbaloo) https://www.symbaloo.com/home/mix/13eOcLjBZB
You can find pictures on the app familyAlbum if we have given you access.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello from the Lillywhites!

It's a BOY!

Many things to be thankful for